The Bujold Overflow Site Logo

The Lois McMaster Bujold FanFic Archive

This section incorporates Fan Fiction inspired by the work of Lois McMaster Bujold. Please send in your own material to fanfic@dendarii.co.uk.

In a posting to the Lois-Bujold mailing list on 16 Oct 97 with the subject "Fanfic speculation, and Star Trek" Lois McMaster Bujold said:

Yes, I am a fan-ac friendly author; I did indeed write fan-fic in my teens. Recent legal concerns in genre fiction have rather thrown a wrench in the deal. In general, it's considered safer for a writer not to view fan fic centered on their work, so lately, and most reluctantly, I've taken to avoiding it. Feel free to write amongst yourselves, though.

And this was further clarified on list on 30 Nov 01 with the subject "natural copyright OT:" when she said:

I ignore the existence of fanfic based on my universe. Don't ask, don't tell, and don't bring it to my attention.
In a saner world, I would prefer to be fanfic friendly. But until I have saved up enough money to retire on (and I have a long way to go to that goal), there are apparently legal pitfalls here that could cost me a great deal. I am, with the greatest reluctance and distaste, gradually being forced to become more cautious.
Sigh.
Ta, Lois.

See also the Crossover stories between Lois' work and that of other authors, and non-fiction material.

There are a significant number of Miles Vorkosigan fics held at www.fanfiction.net. Since links are likely to change, select the option Books then choose Miles Vorkosigan.
Similarly material has been posted to the LMB Comunity on LiveJournal.com. However probably the best place to find new FanFic is at LiveJournal Bujold fanfic.

Note: Samizdat Barrayar was a Bujold fanzine created by Pat Mathews in the early 1990s. It is no longer available.

Non-Fiction

CrossOver FanFiction

The dates given above are when the material was first uploaded to the Archive, or if it is a link to an off site copy, when it was published there. Unless there is a major revision of the work (as for example with the timelines) this will remain the same. If there is such a major revision then the date on this page will change, the copyright date will indicate a revision (as below). Not all the material here is fiction but it does include material relating to Lois and her works, which is not appropriate for inclusion at The Bujold Nexus.

© 1998-2016 by Michael Bernardi

Current version by Michael Bernardi, mike@dendarii.co.uk


left arrowThe Bujold Overflow Site up arrowThe Dendarii Nexus right arrowThe Bujold Nexus.


All comments or queries about this Web page to: webmaster@dendarii.co.uk

Last updated: January 18th 2016